What are the Grand Prizes? We are going to also offering two Grand Prizes!! In order for readers to take part, they must leave their comment and email address. Two winners will be chosen at random and notified no later than March 15, 2014.
1st Grand Prize: (1) $Paperwhite Kindle
2nd Grand Prize: (1) $25 Amazon Gift Card
For your chance to win one of many prizes, you must stop by one of the participating blog hop stops (March 7-11, 2013) and tell us how you celebrate Spring!*
To increase your chances of winning, you are welcome to visit each blog and comment.
Spring is in the Air
1. Save your empty egg carton to hold the eggshells.
2. Tap the top of the shells to preserve as much of the shell to serves as a pot.
3. Remember to rinse out the shell and let it air dry overnight.
4. Fill it about ¾ full of potting soil.
5. Push in one seed only. Cover lightly with soil.
6. Moisten soil. Don’t overwater
7. You can drape Saran wrap over it to speed up the germination process. This turns it into a tiny hot house. Place it near a window.
8. Once the seedling is well established and the chance of frost is gone, plant it shell and all. The calcium within the shell nourishes the seedling and gradually breaks down overtime.
9. If you live in a cold climate, plastic milk cartons serve as tiny hot houses in the garden. Cut off the bottom of the carton and place it over the plant. Keep the cap off during the day to balance out the heat.
What do you to get ready for spring?
Writer Wonderland is giving away a $20 Amazon gift card to pick out your favorite spring seeds or books of your choice. Three free books on the side bar will be awarded to three separate winners. You have to comment to win prizes.