Come join the blog hop for a weekend filled with romance. Each author will be sharing tidbits, excerpts and prizes. Right here on my blog, lucky commenters will get their choice of romance books and one will get a $20 Amazon gift card. I will have four winners.Click on SCP Blog Hop (above) to find all the authors participating.
Want more chances to win Amazon gift cards? Join me Monday on my Dangerous Curves books tour. Sites are below.
1. Dancing. Anytime. Anywhere. I remember my husband dancing with me at an open-air concert we attended and the various women elbowing their escort because they didn’t do likewise.
2. Small token gifts for no reason. These presents can be a favorite candy to a book by a favorite author. They show that the man is aware of the woman’s likes and is currying her favor.
3. Handwritten love notes or letters. (Texting is not the same, but it is better than nothing.)
4. Making her something from a poem to dinner wins a man mega brownie points.
5. Cleaning up. This can be done when you’re gone or together.
6. Trying something, she likes. It could be anything from walking to scrapbooking.
7. Be supportive, which could be standing up for the woman or just letting her unload after a rough day without telling her how to solve her problems.
8. Unexpected calls to say I love you.
9. Being told you’re beautiful
10. Cover her eyes and lead her to a lovely surprise
11. Whisk her away somewhere exciting for the weekend
12. Tell her that she is the most wonderful woman you have ever met
13. Run her a relaxing bath after she has had a bad day at work
14. Wake her up with breakfast in bed
15. Offer her your coat when she is cold
16. Send her a bouquet of flowers, or a box of chocolates at work
17. Make her a compilation of her favorite music
18. Wake her up to see a meteor shower together.
19. Walk through the forest together.
20. Watch the sunrise or sunset together holding hands.
It depends on the woman too. One woman might think getting tickets to a football game is cool, while another might want to see the Ice Escapades.
My husband has done several romantic gestures. One that was infinitely dear to me is when he got the cover of my first book framed. What a sweetheart.
It shouldn’t be surprising that my book heroes are kings of the romantic gestures. Of course, I base them on my husband. :)
Setup: Marcus remembers that Teresa had her grandmother’s pearls stolen. He wants to do something special to show how much he cares.
His body hummed as his hand continued to stroke her legs. A glimpse of her contented face made him realize it was time. Reaching over her body, he touched the bag he carried into the bedroom in their impromptu flight. “I have something to show you the depth of my feelings. Let me preface this by saying it’s not a ring. I know Millie expects a ring, but I hope you will like what I got you for now.”
Teresa pulled out the gift-wrapped box in awe. She offered up a shy smile before tearing into it like a five year old. She held the lustrous string of pearls with the heart charm. “Just like grandmother’s.” She hugged them to her chest, tears filling her eyes. “Only better because it’s from you.”
Her hand caressed his hair, pulling him closer for a long kiss, providing a hint of pleasures to come.
Marcus placed the pearls back on the bedside table. “Let’s put the necklace up before it gets hurt.” He rolled her on her back, hovering over her, his weight balanced on his elbows. “So tell me, how would you feel if I hung around all the time?”
I am still running a contest on my Author Facebook Page. The person who is 200th like gets four free books of their choice. www.facebook.com/AuthorMorganKWyatt