Give up kissing frogs and hoping for magic, instead, take charge of your dating life and create the change you need.
Dating After Forty-eight is now available on Amazon for pre-order at .99
The world of dating can be both brutal and mysterious. Why do some people marry the first person they meet and live happily ever after? While the rest of us suffer failed relationships, unexpected divorces, and even the death of a spouse that pushes us back into singlehood. Being single can be especially challenging after forty. Most people could use some help, which inspired the book.
Dating after Forty-eight is a collection of well-read blogs that highlights workable dating strategies. Instead of dating being a trial, turn it into a fun adventure and possibly a happy ever after.
This is where most of the complaints come from when people bitterly complain about their online dates looking nothing like their profile pic. Everyone wants to look good on their profile but using a photo where you are twenty years younger or fifty pounds lighter isn’t fair to you or your date. You’ll end up attracting men or women who want the younger, lighter version of you. When you show up, they’re mad, which makes for a bad date.
People who might like the current you bypass your photo because they figure you wouldn’t like them because they happen to look their age. Different sites tell you different things you should do for a photo.
The first thing you need to do is take some current photos of you by yourself. Close-ups, full lengths, doing something active, and remember to smile.
Men Do’s & Don’ts
· Use pictures of you only. A trio of your golf buddies could have your date imagining one of them as her date only to be disappointed when you show up.
· Dress well. This is your first impression. No shirt unbuttoned to your navel, ratty shorts, or tiny swimsuit.
· Don’t use a picture of yourself with another woman, even your daughter. A woman wants to imagine herself by your side.
· Do ask a friend to take photos of you or go to a professional. The selfies or bathroom mirror pictures show a lack of initiative.
· Show candid photos of yourself doing something you love from playing with the dog to barbecuing.
Dating After Forty-eight marks her foray in non-fiction. The research for the book and blog resulted in her own happy ever after love story. Now, she and her husband are getting ready to launch cozy mystery series under the combined pen name, M.K. Scott.
Website Facebook Twitter Goodreads Pinterest Amazon
Paperback version is also available too.