Apparently, it isn’t the Zombie Apocalypse. I went to the Internet to find out what the ten most common fears and phobias are.
According to Live Science, the top ten phobias are:
10. The Dentist- 20% of the population never visit the dentist because of anxiety.
9. Dogs-fear of dogs is a very real. Ironically, 70% of dog bites are from purse-sized dogs.
8. Flying-25 million people do not fly because of their fear of crashing or being confined for hours.
7. Thunderstorms- this fear last through adulthood.
6. The Dark-this is usually associated with the unexpected.
5. Heights- 5% of the population fears heights.
4. Other people-this fear usually shows up at age 13. It prevents the person from public speaking and even eating or drinking around strangers.
3. Scary Spaces- this includes elevators, trains, buses, subways, malls, sporting events, bridges and airplanes.
2. Spiders-girls showed an aversion to spiders as early as eighteen months, while boys didn’t.
1. Snakes-this is thought to be a holdover from primitive times when people encountered snakes daily.
List Verse gave the top ten fears as opposed to phobias.
10. Loss of freedom-this could be jail or a country takeover.
9. The Unknown-this explains the saying “Better the evil you know.”
8. Pain-we do a great deal to avoid pain.
6. Misery-this can be defined from poverty, sickness, even living in a bad marriage.
5. Loneliness- People fear dying alone.
4. Ridicule-no one likes it.
3. Rejection- this can be everything from a loss of friendship to a relationship breakup.
Comment on your favorite scary movie or not so favorite fear to win this collection of 50
classic horror films. ( This is for US only. I might be able to ship it from Amazon UK)